Total Estimated Time to Complete: 20-30 minutes
This tutorial explores features and capabilities of MongoDB Charts with
a data source containing the
sample data provided by Atlas.
This sample data contains information on movies such as release year,
cast, and reviews.
With this tutorial, you will learn how to use filters to refine a large result set down to an easily understandable chart, and use multi-series charts to gain further insight into the data.
In this tutorial, you'll create two charts: a sorted column chart and a scatter chart.
- The sorted column chart displays columns representing the number of awards won by directors with at least 50 total awards, sorted from highest to lowest and broken down by film genre.
- The scatter chart shows a diagram of movies with at least one award win along with their TomatoMeter rating and their MPAA rating (G, PG, PG-13, or R).
- Step 1: Load the Sample Data
- Step 2: Create a New Dashboard
- Step 3: Column Chart Showing Directors with the Most Awards
- Step 4: Scatter Chart of Award-Nominated Movies with Their TomatoMeter Rating
- Step 5: Arrange the Charts on the Dashboard
To get started, move ahead to the Load the Sample Data page.