Total Estimated Time to Complete: 20-30 minutes
This tutorial explores features and capabilities of MongoDB Charts with
a data source containing the
sample data provided by Atlas.
This sample data contains sales order data from a mock office supply
This tutorial demonstrates how to create a dashboard containing charts of various types and how to effectively use each chart's respective properties to obtain powerful visualizations. You will also learn how to use multi-series charts to gain further insight into the data.
After completing the tutorial, you will have a dashboard which looks similar to the following:
- Step 1: Load the Sample Data
- Step 2: Create a New Dashboard
- Step 3: Column Chart Showing Total Sales by Store Location
- Step 4: Donut Chart Showing Most Common Tags for Items Sold
- Step 5: Grouped Column Chart Showing Most Common Items Sold by Store Location
- Step 6: Rearrange and Resize Charts
- Step 7: Area Chart Showing Age Distribution of Customers
To get started, move ahead to the Setup and Import the Data page.