Charts provide visual representations of the data in your data source. A chart maps to a single data source, and it can display correlations between several fields in the data. Charts reside inside dashboards. Unless you create a chart from the Atlas UI, you must create a dashboard before you can begin building charts.
For a complete list of available chart types and how to build specific charts, refer to the Chart Types page.
You can create a chart from the Dashboards page in Charts or from the Atlas UI.
If the preview for a chart of the full dataset takes a while to load, you can preview a subset of the data with the Subset toggle.
- Understand Encoding Channels
- Understand the building blocks of Atlas Charts.
- Create a Multi-Series Chart
- Visualize multiple data series in a single chart.
- Visualize Embedded Objects and Arrays
- Use a wide variety of built-in methods for handling embedded objects and arrays.
- Reshape Your Data
- Reshape and pre-process your data for greater flexibility over available fields.
- Filter Chart Results
- Filter your chart based on criteria you choose.
- Bin, Sort, and Limit Your Data
- Bin, sort, and limit data in your chart.
- Customize Charts
- Customize aspects of your chart such as color, axis labels, and number formatting.
- View and Export Chart Data
- View and export the data backing your chart in either CSV or JSON format.
- Chart Building Reference
- Supplemental reference material for building charts.