MongoDB Charts is a tool to create visual representations of your MongoDB data. Data visualization is a key component to providing a clear understanding of your data, highlighting correlations between variables and making it easy to discern patterns and trends within your dataset. MongoDB Charts makes communicating your data a straightforward process by providing built-in tools to easily share and collaborate on visualizations.
- Aggregation Functionality
- MongoDB Charts provides built-in aggregation functionality. Aggregation allows you to process your collection data by a variety of metrics and perform calculations such as mean and standard deviation to provide further insight into your data.
- Seamless Integration with MongoDB Atlas
- Charts provides seamless integration with MongoDB Atlas. You can link MongoDB Charts to Atlas projects and quickly get started visualizing your Atlas cluster data.
- Document Data Handling
- Charts handles document-based data, including embedded objects and arrays. Utilizing a nested data structure provides the flexibility to structure your data as it best fits for your application while still retaining powerful visualization capabilities.
The following elements of MongoDB Charts provide the flow of data from its source to a visual representation:
A reference to a MongoDB collection which contains the data you wish to visualize. Note that deleting a data source has no effect on the underlying MongoDB collection. For information on connecting to and managing a data source, see Data Sources.
A visualization which maps to a single data source.
A group of one or more charts.
Dashboards are the cornerstone of MongoDB Charts as they are where you create and view your data visualizations. For details on how to create, manage, and share dashboards, see Dashboards.
Since a chart can only display data from a single collection, dashboards which combine multiple charts are not only useful, but necessary for visualizing data from multiple collections in a single view. This can lead to new insights into your data which may not be immediately apparent.
MongoDB Charts provides a wide variety of chart types to visualize your data including bar charts, scatter plots, geospatial charts, and more.
For a complete list of available chart types, see Chart Types.
After you launch MongoDB Charts, the following tutorials will help you get started building visualizations with your data and explore key features offered by MongoDB Charts: