On this page
Data source permissions dictate which actions users in your Atlas project can perform on the data source. You can also set data source permissions to make a data source only visible to a subset of users.
The following table describes the data source permission levels:
Data Source Permission
Inherits all actions from
If you create a data source and do not have the
Inherits all permissions from
Charts automatically grants data source permissions for certain project roles. The following table lists project roles and the data source permission they grant:
To access the Atlas Access Management:
- In the top navigation, click the down arrow next to Access Manager, then click Project Access.
- Click Edit Permissions for a user whose permissions you wish to change.
- Select new permission levels in the dropdown.
- Click the check mark to save your changes.
To view permissions for a specific data source, navigate to the Data Sources page and hover over the data source's Access button. A tooltip describing the data source permissions will appear. The tooltip displays your permissions, the owner of the data source, and all other users who have access.
The following table lists the possible icons and their associated permissions:
You have either
You can only share data sources with users who are members of the Atlas project associated with your Charts instance.
To grant specific users with the
Project Read Only
project role permission
to view charts which use your data source:
- For the data source to which you want to manage access, click the Access button.
- Search for or select the user to whom you want to give access. You can search for users by their username or email address.
- Click the user to add them to the permissions list.
- Repeat steps 2-4 for each user you wish to grant data source access.
To remove access for a user you have added, click the trash can icon to the right of the user's name.
To grant all users the
Viewer permission, toggle the switch on
the right-side of the Everyone in <Project Name> user to