You can configure Atlas to send alerts from your project to your PagerDuty dashboard. With PagerDuty integration, you can:
- Record incidents and notify on-call responders based on Atlas alerts.
- Automatically resolve incidents in PagerDuty when an Atlas alert is closed with bidirectional synchronization.
With a PagerDuty integration, you can send Atlas cluster event data to PagerDuty when Atlas alerts that you specify are triggered. PagerDuty can create a new incident for the corresponding service, filter additional alerts from the same source into that incident, and alert on-call PagerDuty users.
Once the Atlas alert has been resolved, PagerDuty resolves the incident.
To integrate Atlas with PagerDuty, you must have a PagerDuty account.
If you do not have an existing PagerDuty account, you can sign up at https://www.pagerduty.com/sign-up/.
All new PagerDuty keys use their Events API v2.
If you have an Events API v1 key, you can continue to use that key with Atlas.
If you need help with your Atlas PagerDuty integration, contact MongoDB Support.
First, navigate to the PagerDuty integration card:
- If it is not already displayed, select the organization that contains your desired project from the Organizations menu in the navigation bar.
- If it is not already displayed, select your desired project from the Projects menu in the navigation bar.
- Next to the Projects menu, expand the Options menu, then click Integrations.
You can configure an Atlas integration with PagerDuty in two ways:
- By signing into PagerDuty from the Atlas Project Integrations page, or
- By providing a valid Integration Key.
From the dropdown menu, select the PagerDuty service that you want to integrate with MongoDB.
You can select multiple services, but you will be prompted to pick a single default in the next step.
PagerDuty redirects you back to your Atlas project and displays a PagerDuty Configuration modal.
The PagerDuty Events API does not fail when an invalid Integration Key is provided. If your key is invalid, the Test Integration button may falsely indicate a successful integration.
To confirm that your integration is successful, Atlas sends an initial alert. Check your PagerDuty dashboard for an initial incident created by that Atlas alert.
To remove the PagerDuty integration from your Atlas project, click Remove on the PagerDuty card in your Atlas project's Project Integrations.