Member Configuration Tutorials
The following tutorials provide information on configuring replica set members to support specific operations, such as to provide dedicated backups, to support reporting, or to act as a cold standby.
Avoid reconfiguring replica sets that contain members of different MongoDB versions as validation rules may differ across MongoDB versions.
- Adjust Priority for Replica Set Member
- Change the precedence given to a replica set members in an election for primary.
- Prevent Secondary from Becoming Primary
- Make a secondary member ineligible for election as primary.
- Configure a Hidden Replica Set Member
- Configure a secondary member to be invisible to applications in order to support significantly different usage, such as a dedicated backups.
- Configure a Delayed Replica Set Member
- Configure a secondary member to keep a delayed copy of the data set in order to provide a rolling backup.
- Configure Non-Voting Replica Set Member
- Create a secondary member that keeps a copy of the data set but does not vote in an election.
- Convert a Secondary to an Arbiter
- Convert a secondary to an arbiter.