This page covers MongoDB Atlas for Government user accounts. AtlasGov users are separate from database users. Database users can access MongoDB databases, while AtlasGov users can access the AtlasGov application itself.
MongoDB Atlas for Government is available by invitation only. To create a AtlasGov account, you must either:
- Purchase a subscription and activate an account, or
- Accept an invitation from an existing user in an existing organization.
To purchase and activate a AtlasGov subscription, see Subscriptions and Billing.
AtlasGov invitations are sent by email. To accept an invitation to an organization:
You must be an
Organization Owner to invite users to
To invite a user to your organization:
- You cannot register for an AtlasGov account through the login page or create an AtlasGov account using the API. You must receive an activation code from MongoDB Sales or be invited to an existing organization.
- You cannot use Google SSO credentials to sign up or log in.
- AtlasGov passwords expire after 60 days.
- You can only change your password once each day.
- When you change your password, you cannot use any of your previous 24 passwords.
AtlasGov requires that passwords contain:
- At least 14 characters
- Unique characters, numbers, or symbols
- After 3 failed login attempts your account is locked for 30 minutes, preventing further login attempts. You can contact support to unlock your account.
- Your AtlasGov account is considered inactive and suspended if you do not log in for 90 consecutive days. If your account is suspended due to inactivity, reset your password to unsuspend your account.
AtlasGov ends your session after 15 minutes of inactivity, requiring you to log in again. You are prompted to continue your current session after 10 minutes of inactivity.
See the Atlas documentation to learn more about using Organizations and Projects to manage AtlasGov user access.