The relational database has been the foundation of enterprise data management for over thirty years. But the way we build and run applications today, coupled with growth in data sources and user loads, are pushing relational databases beyond their limits. To address these challenges, organizations such as Verizon, Cisco, eHarmony and Under Armour have migrated successfully from relational databases to MongoDB.
This white paper provides a step-by-step guide for project teams that want to know how to migrate from an RDBMS to MongoDB. It also explains the considerations for teams that come from relational database backgrounds and want to build new applications on MongoDB.
Download this white paper to learn about:
- Schema design, moving from relational tables to flexible and dynamic BSON documents
- Data integrity, and how MongoDB enforces ACID compliance, data durability and strong consistency
- Query model & data analysis in MongoDB
- Data Migration, including scripts and parallel operations
- Operational Considerations, like scaling, HA, monitoring, security and backup
Companies ranging from startups to Fortune 500s choose MongoDB to build, scale, and innovate.