To help break down the barriers that prevent underrepresented groups in technology from attending our conferences, we're excited to offer a Scholarship for MongoDB World.
MongoDB’s Scholarship program seeks to provide support to members of groups who are underrepresented in the technology industry. This includes Black, LatinX, women, people with disabilities, people from low-income backgrounds, and individuals from the LGBTQ community.
Scholarship recipients will receive:
- Complimentary admission to MongoDB World
- Complimentary admission to a workshop of your choice (if applicable)
- Invitation to a lunch session with other Scholars
- Speed mentoring with MongoDB speakers at the event
- A MongoDB certification voucher applicable for both developer and DBA certification exams
- Six-month access to on-demand MongoDB University courses
- Lifelong membership in the online MongoDB Diversity Scholars community
- A feature in a blog post
Note: Scholarship recipients are responsible for their travel costs.
Applicants must be 18 years old or older, and must belong to a group that is underrepresented in the technology industry. This includes Black, LatinX, women, people with disabilities, people from low-income backgrounds, and individuals from the LGBTQ community.
Deadlines for the MongoDB Scholarship application are listed below:
- MongoDB World: May 4, 2018
Scholarships are awarded based on a combination of need and impact. Selection will be made by a committee that will review each application. All application info will be kept confidential. All applicants will be notified of their application's status approximately three weeks pre-event. Winners will receive additional information on how to register for the conference.
We’re happy to answer additional questions. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
View terms and conditions.
We'd like to thank the following individuals and organizations for their contribution to the MongoDB Diversity Scholarship, and their commitment to change the ratio in technology:
- Nutanix, Sponsors of the Women and Trans Coders Lounge at MongoDB World 2018
- Tina Bamford, Driscolls
- Manoj Betawar, Sapphire Automation
- Steven Nguyen, Snapfish
- Howard Mesner, Southwest Medical Resources
- Sam Varadarajan, City of Los Angeles
- Micaela Alaniz, Ameya Pawar for Governor
- Chris Howlett, In the Chat Communications
- Josue Lima, In the Chat Communications
- Nallasivan Inoothumuthu, Verizon
- Google Cloud Platform, Sponsors of the Women and Trans Coders Lounge at MongoDB World 2016