You know the value of modernization as a strategic initiative. It’s not only about refreshing your portfolio of legacy applications with the latest innovations simply for the sake of moving to the cloud. This is much more than just “lift and shift”. True modernization is about realizing your company’s full potential and gaining a competitive edge through development methodologies, architectural patterns and technologies. And by modernizing with MongoDB, you can build new business functionality 3-5x faster, scale to millions of users wherever they are on the planet, and cut costs by 70% or more. If you’re familiar with our technology and our Modernization Program, you already understand the benefits. But do your customers? And, if not, how do you tell them?
To help you get started, the MongoDB Partner team has created the MongoDB SI Architect Certification, a full scale kit of assets related to modernization. This free, self-paced certification helps you improve the modernization experience for a variety of customer types as well as drive conversations with customers around data center exit plans and application qualification for assessing cloud data platforms. Consider this certification the next step in deepening your expertise so you can expand your business opportunities and help customers modernize to the cloud.
Customized for System Integrator partners, our certification teaches you how to discuss the benefits of modernization with various customers on a cloud journey. It enables architects to have deep discussions on vertical-based stories, migration tools, best practices, and architecture guidelines. System Integrator partners will also learn the fundamental value of offerings, messaging, objection handling, and more. Most importantly, this certification program equips SI architects with the ability to communicate key takeaways to the customer in a language they understand.
The free SI Architect certification program is self-paced, takes approximately 40 hours, and divided into six key sections, complete with a final certification exam.
- Introduction allows partners to access the modernization webinars and modernization program offerings.
- Top use cases focus on how MongoDB is used in business-wide strategic initiatives, like legacy modernization, cloud data strategy, microservices and more vertical based stories.
- Customer case studies highlight how MongoDB is deployed and leveraged through real-life customer case studies and proof points.
- University classes allow participants to leverage MongoDB university on-line as well as on-demand courses relevant to the architects.
- Competitive edge helps architects understand the true value of MongoDB in comparison to the competition.
- Final certification culminates the program with a "Talk to the experts" session and final certification exam where participants take a real world industry use case or customer project and assess how to migrate to the cloud.
Our “Talk to the experts” session provides users with the opportunity to query experts with questions about the final certification exam. It also introduces the messaging around “MongoDB: The Intelligent Operational Data Platform” and details an Atlas TCO and sizing exercise.
In addition to these assets, partners also have access to self-paced developer training and database administrator training here.
Note: Download the enhanced Modernization Guide to refresh your knowledge on MongoDB modernization
Dive Deeper into MongoDB Cloud Technology
What’s one key lesson we know for certain? The data management platform you choose is a key factor in successfully migrating legacy applications to the cloud. The MongoDB Cloud section of our Architecture Guide discusses the unique value MongoDB can bring to organizations making the transition to cloud.
The key components of the MongoDB cloud platform are:
- At its core is MongoDB, the general purpose operational database for modern applications. Nearly every application needs a fast database that can deliver single digit millisecond response times; and when it comes to speed, MongoDB delivers. With our flexible document data model, transactional guarantees, rich and expressive query language, and native support for both vertical and horizontal scaling, MongoDB can be used for practically any use case, reducing the need for specialized databases even as your requirements change.
- With multi-cloud clusters on MongoDB Atlas, customers can realize the benefits of a multi-cloud strategy with true data portability and a simplified management experience. Multi-cloud clusters provide the best-in-class technology across multiple clouds in parallel, migrate workloads across cloud providers seamlessly, and improve high availability with cross-cloud redundancy.
- Realm Mobile Database extends this data foundation to the edge. Realm is a lightweight database embedded on the client side. Realm helps solve the unique challenges of building for mobile, making it simple to store data on-device while also enabling data access when offline. Realm Sync is seamlessly integrated and keeps data up-to-date across devices and users by automatically syncing data between the client and a backend Atlas cluster.
Ready to boose your knowledge and expertise? The Modernization Guide, Architecture Guide, and SI Architect certification program are waiting for you. Get started today.