Software and Documentation
MongoDB Database Server and Tools
- MongoDB, Inc.’s Server Side Public License (for all versions released after October 16, 2018, including patch fixes for prior versions).
- Free Software Foundation's GNU AGPL v3.0 (for all versions released prior to October 16, 2018).
- Commercial licenses are also available from MongoDB, Inc.
- mongodb.org supported drivers: Apache License v2.0.
- Third party drivers: Licenses will vary.
- Documentation: Creative Commons.
Our goal in selecting the Server Side Public License (SSPL) v1.0, a license introduced by MongoDB, as our license is to require that enhancements to MongoDB be released to the community. We also make our drivers available under the Apache License v2.0.
If use of our drivers under the Apache License v2.0 or the database under the SSPL v1.0 does not satisfy your organization’s legal department, commercial licenses are available with MongoDB Enterprise Advanced. Feel free to contact us for more details.
MongoDB Trademark Guidelines
MongoDB, Mongo, and the leaf logo are registered trademarks of MongoDB, Inc. Your use of these trademarks is subject to the MongoDB Trademark Standards for Use. For trademark use approval or any questions you have about using these trademarks, please email email@example.com.