Chris Smith and Ivana Ivanovic of Retool drop by The MongoDB Podcast to discuss the State of Engineering Time report. How are developers spending their time, what tools are aiding them to be more productive and efficient, and why does it matter? All this and more in their conversation with host and MongoDB Principal Developer Advocate, Mike Lynn.
Highlights of the conversation include:
- [1:51] Ivana talks about the State of Engineering Time report
- [3:09] Chris Smith's involvement in the creation of the report
- [4:42] Understanding the consequences of administrative overlay to people's time
- [6:40] Surprise learnings from the report
- [9:20] Chris' experience as a developer advocate and where he spends his time in engineering
- [10:44] Does Chris agree with the results of the survey?
- [13:00] The report structure and its assertions
- [14:59] How long it took to produce the report
- [15:40] Assertions around remote work life and productivity compared to pre-COVID