MongoDB commissioned Forrester Consulting to conduct a study questioning global IT decision makers at financial services and fintech organizations to evaluate the impact they are experiencing when adopting next-generation data platforms – which have become foundational for financial services to address diverse new workloads and modern applications.
Download the 'What’s Driving Next-Generation Data Platform Adoption in Financial Services' study to learn about organizations’ needs and plans for using next-generation data platforms.
- Nearly 90% of respondents say they are using a next-generation platform today, with 51% planning/currently using it for fraud detection, and 46% for risk management/analytics
- Multi/hybrid cloud is the top feature driving investment
- High costs and complexity are the top challenges respondents are facing with their current database
- Legacy infrastructure is too expensive and cannot keep up with current and future demand
- The benefits respondents are experiencing when adopting next-gen data platforms include minimizing data inconsistencies, expanding geographical coverage, and freeing up resources