MongoDB Atlas is a database as a service from MongoDB, providing all of the features of the database, without the operational heavy lifting required for any new application. MongoDB Atlas is available on-demand through a pay-as-you-go model and billed on an hourly basis, letting you focus on what you do best.
This guide describes the best practices to help you get the most out of the MongoDB Atlas service, including: schema design, capacity planning, security, and performance optimization.
Download the white paper to learn:
- Which instance type and options to select to meet your application workload
- How to design a schema and your application access patterns to achieve the best performance and scalability
- How to select the right indexes to support your query patterns
- How to monitor your database – e.g., to identify when it's the right time to add more storage, move to a larger instance type, or scale-out with extra shards
- What you need to do to get the consistency levels required by your application
- Extra steps to secure your data
- Tips for a successful proof of concept