MongoDB Cloud Factory
Many organizations undergoing a digital transformation are rapidly adopting public cloud platforms. This enables them to take advantage of elastic, on-demand infrastructure, which supports the pace of modern app development, shifts Capex to Opex, and provides a cost-effective pay-for-consumption model. Cloud services also allow you to take your business global, launching digital services in regions even where you don't have a physical data center presence.
Many organizations, however, struggle with building a cloud operating model in order to develop the processes and skills needed for cloud success. A journey to the cloud also presents challenges in assessing existing applications’ suitability for cloud migration, defining policies around cloud-native application development, and prioritizing these efforts to ensure the maximum return on investment.
Defining a Cloud Operating Model
The cloud fundamentally changes the nature of how IT is developed and consumed. This requires some re-thinking of how applications are developed and deployed within the enterprise to ensure that:
- The benefits of the cloud deliver maximum value for the business
- Development time is reduced
- Applications are fully supported
- Applications and data are secure
- Applications are resilient and scalable
- Tools and procedures are in place for management, monitoring, backup, and recovery
- Data is distributed optimally for locality and governance
A Cloud Operating Model describes the People, Process, and Technology aspects of developing and deploying enterprise cloud-first applications. MongoDB’s Cloud Operating Model comprises six core pillars that we work with you to define and implement according to your organization’s specific requirements.
The MongoDB Cloud Factory helps your organization take a cloud-first stance on MongoDB application development. Our professional services team works with you to develop and implement the standards and processes for successful use of MongoDB in the cloud. This consists of two iterative cycles:
- Define and Analyze: first, we work to define a custom Cloud Operating Model for your organization. This will serve as a foundation for both development of new applications in the cloud and migration of existing workloads. We then analyze your application portfolio to rapidly and iteratively identify applications most suitable for migration to the cloud.
- Execute: for each selected application, we proceed with execution. This starts with application design, including what usage of MongoDB Atlas, MongoDB Stitch, and other cloud services is appropriate. We then support implementation, testing and deployment, and evaluate the production app to optimize the ongoing development roadmap.
All MongoDB services are delivered according to our standard delivery methodology - Discover, Design, Implement, Validate, Optimize. This provides a structure for the repeatable and comprehensive delivery of advisory and technical expertise. Our delivery methodology can align to both waterfall and agile development processes. At every stage of delivery we work closely with customer leadership, program management, development and operations teams.