Launch your editors! Fire up your soldering irons! Go and git init your repos! MongoDB is hosting a 10-week long competition for the world's hackers, designers, and makers. The top 3 teams will win a trip to New York City where they will present their projects on stage at our annual conference, MongoDB World 2019. There's a bunch of prizes to be won, including $10,000 for first place! So get ready to team up, learn about new technology, and bring your ideas to life in the MongoDB World Hackathon from February 20 to April 30.
Hacking is about satisfying a creative streak by building something for fun. So our challenge for this hackathon is simple: Unleash your creativity.
Build that small game you've always wanted to make or create that global game that brings everyone together. Solve a problem that's been bothering you or create a puzzle for others to crack. Learn a new programming language or teach a new language. Work together, work alone, work at home, work remotely. Wherever you work, have fun.
As long as your project uses MongoDB in some way, you'll be eligible for prizes. Projects will be judged on three simple criteria: Is it creative, is it well designed, and is it well made? So feel free to take your projects in exciting directions and take this opportunity to build the thing you've always wanted to make.
How does it work?
- Sign up on our Devpost page.
- Join the #hackathon channel on the MongoDB Community Slack to connect with developers, find team members, and chat with MongoDB engineers.
- Build a project with MongoDB technology. You can build whatever you want! Have fun and be creative. Teams can be 1-4 people.
- Submit your projects on Devpost before 5pm EST on April 30, 2019.
What prizes can I win?
We have a bunch of amazing prizes to win. All prizes include special MongoDB swag and one year of free On-Demand MongoDB University and MongoDB certifications. Winners will be featured on the MongoDB Blog.
- First Place: $10,000.
- Top Three: Trip to New York City to present on stage at MongoDB World and meet the people who build MongoDB.
- Best Company Team: $1,000 in cash, $5,000 of Atlas credits and free tickets for MongoDB World.
- Best use of MongoDB Stitch: $1,000.
- Best use of MongoDB Mobile: $1,000.
- Best use of MongoDB Charts: $1,000.
- Best plugin for MongoDB Compass: $1000.
- Prize for Social Good: $1,000.
- Best Individual Project: $300 and a Ninebot electric scooter.
- Most Helpful: We'll be giving out special prizes for the most helpful members on the #hackathon Slack channel. It's something small to say thank you to those who work to help others.
Where can I learn more?