These MongoDB World Registration Terms and Conditions (these “Terms”) govern your registration for and participation in MongoDB.live and various activities associated with MongoDB.live (the “Event”). These Terms are an agreement between MongoDB, Inc. (“MongoDB,” “we,” “us,” or “our”) and you or the entity you represent (“you,” or “your”).
There is no fee to register for MongoDB.live, our global, digital-first, two-day event connecting attendees to MongoDB World content and each other through streamed keynotes, breakout sessions, interactive learning, and digital “ask the expert” sessions with MongoDB technical experts.
Please visit https://www.mongodb.com/world for details.
License to Use Items
- In consideration of the opportunity to participate in the Event, you grant to MongoDB and its affiliates, agents, employees and assigns an irrevocable, nonexclusive, royalty-free right and license throughout the world and in perpetuity to reproduce, edit, publish, distribute or translate, for advertising, publicity and promotional purposes or for any other purpose relating to MongoDB’s business, all or any part of the following items (“Items”): (a) still photographs and all audio and video recordings that MongoDB or its independent contractors make of you or your voice or likeness in connection with the Event, including the right to use your name, likeness and biographical information, and (b) all materials (electronic or hard copy) submitted or presented by you in connection with the Event. You consent to the use of the Items pursuant to the foregoing in perpetuity for trade, advertising, and promotion purposes without compensation or additional consent from you.
Event Recording Policy; Q&A
MongoDB will be documenting MongoDB.live. Images, audio and/or video recorded by MongoDB, or others on behalf of MongoDB, or during MongoDB.live may include your image, likeness or name. By registering to attend, you agree that MongoDB may use such recorded content for any purpose without compensation to you.
Unauthorized event broadcasts are prohibited and are grounds for blocking access to your MongoDB.live account.
Q&A sessions will occur at MongoDB.live. By registering for the event, you acknowledge that any questions you submit to the Q&A platform will be moderated by MongoDB, and may be edited or removed at MongoDB's sole discretion. MongoDB reserves its right to prohibit inappropriate, profane, hateful or harassing content of any kind during its Q&A sessions.
Assumption of Risk
- You acknowledge and agree that your attendance and participation in the Event is voluntary. You agree to assume the risks associated with attending and participating in the Event to the fullest extent permitted under applicable law. You (for yourself, your heirs, personal representatives, assigns, and anyone else who might make a claim on your behalf) release MongoDB and its affiliates, and their respective directors, officers, employees, contractors, representatives, agents, successors and assigns, from any and all claims, demands, causes of action, suits, damages, losses, debts, liabilities, costs and expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs) that you may have now or in the future associated in any way with the Event or the Items.
Limitation of Liability
- IN NO EVENT WILL MONGODB BE LIABLE FOR ANY (A) SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, INDIRECT, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES OR (B) AMOUNT OF DIRECT DAMAGES IN EXCESS OF $100.
MongoDB is dedicated to providing a harassment-free and inclusive event experience for everyone regardless of gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disabilities, neurodiversity, physical appearance, body size, ethnicity, nationality, race, age, religion, or other protected categories. We do not tolerate harassment of event participants in any form. MongoDB takes violations of our policy seriously and will respond appropriately.
All participants of MongoDB events -- including digital events -- must abide by the following policy:
Be excellent to each other.
Treat everyone with respect. Participate while acknowledging that everyone deserves to be here — and each of us has the right to enjoy our experience without fear of harassment, discrimination, or condescension, whether blatant or via micro-aggressions. Jokes shouldn't demean others. Consider what you are saying and how it would feel if it were said to or about you.
Speak up if you see or hear something. Harassment is not tolerated, and you are empowered to politely engage when you or others are disrespected. The person making you feel uncomfortable may not be aware of what they are doing, and politely bringing their behavior to their attention is encouraged.
Practice saying “Yes and” to each other. It's a theatre improv technique to build on each other's ideas. We all benefit when we create together.
We have a ZERO TOLERANCE POLICY for harassment of any kind, including but not limited to:
- Deliberate intimidation
- Harassing photography or recording
- Sustained disruption of talks or other events
- Offensive verbal language
- Verbal language that reinforces social structures of domination
- Sexual imagery and language in public spaces
- Inappropriate physical contact
- Unwelcome sexual or physical attention
- In relation to, but not limited to:
- National origin
- Gender identity
- Gender expression
- Sexual orientation
- Body size
Participants asked to stop any harassing behavior are expected to comply immediately. Our zero tolerance policy means that we will look into and review every allegation of violation of our Event Community Guidelines and Anti-Harassment Policy that is brought to our attention and respond appropriately. We empower and encourage you to report any behavior that makes you or others feel uncomfortable by finding a MongoDB staff member or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
We value your attendance. This policy extends to all MongoDB.live events and content platforms. MongoDB reserves the right to refuse admittance or revoke access to, any MongoDB hosted event (including future MongoDB events) at any time in its sole discretion. This includes, but is not limited to, attendees behaving in a disorderly manner or failing to comply with this policy, and the terms and conditions herein. If a participant engages in harassing or uncomfortable behavior, the event organizers may take any action they deem appropriate, including warning or expelling the offender from the event.