Scalability is the ability of a database to constantly adjust its resources to meet application demands. MongoDB has a full range of vertical, horizontal, and elastic scaling options available, and they are built into MongoDB Atlas, MongoDB’s multi-cloud developer data platform.
Scalability With MongoDB
Atlas covers these topics:
- Vertical and horizontal scaling — and which one to choose
- Scaling proactively vs. reactively
- How to choose cluster sizing and tier selection
- Atlas cluster auto-scaling
- Horizontal scaling with sharding
- Serverless instances and elastic scaling
Scalability is a key requirement of modern, distributed applications and database systems. Make sure your applications are using the best practices for scaling.
Scalability With MongoDB Atlas.