On June 26-27, MongoDB users, industry experts, and the teams that build the database will be in New York City for MongoDB World, the largest global MongoDB event. Join fellow members of the tech community for a two-day experience that includes tons of technical content, opportunities to make new connections, exclusive swag, unconference activities, and evening receptions!
Here’s why you should attend:
At MongoDB World, you’ll get to participate in 50+ sessions rich with examples and code. No matter what your experience level with MongoDB is, you’ll be able to find sessions that match what you’d like to focus on. Here’s a taste of what you can expect:
- Technical sessions: All sessions will be marked as Beginner, Intermediate, or Advanced, so you can craft your schedule based on your interests and experience level.
- Jumpstart sessions: New to MongoDB or haven’t used the database in a while? Take a jumpstart in the morning to get up so speed on the basics. You’ll be able to follow along the rest of the day.
- Tutorials: Tutorials provide an environment in which you will learn by doing. These hands-on sessions span 80-minutes to ensure you can try out what you’ve learned.
- Make it Matter sessions: These sessions explore technology beyond MongoDB. Topics include coding with Swift, building tech communities, and diversity.
- Pre-conference workshops: If you want to get the most out of MongoDB World, amplify your learning experience by participating in a full-day, classroom style training on June 26. Class size is limited to 15 students to ensure individual attention.
That’s not all. You’ll hear from companies like Cisco, Expedia, Bazaarvoice, and more. And on June 27, the day kicks off with a keynote featuring MongoDB CTO and Co-founder Eliot Horowitz, who will give you all the details on what’s new in MongoDB, and a sneak peek to what’s coming next -- features that were built with you in mind
Our industry has a diversity problem, and we don’t shy away from acknowledging that. We strive to make MongoDB World an inclusive conference by supporting members of groups who are underrepresented in the technology industry and removing barriers that could exclude people from attending our conference.
- Code of Conduct: All conference attendees are expected to read and abide by the code of conduct.
- Happy Hours: Join us for cocktails and mocktails, run by MongoDB’s employee resource groups, on June 26. You’ll be able to attend a happy hour hosted by the Black Network, the MongoDB Women’s Group, and the Queeries (MongoDB’s LGBTQ group).
- Women and Trans Coders Lounge: This Lounge is an integral part of MongoDB World and is run in part by MongoDB’s Women and Trans Coders group. The purpose of this space is to amplify the voices of non-binary people, women, and trans people of all genders within our engineering community. Stop by to network, participate in a guided discussion, or listen to a Make it Matter talk.
- Opportunities to Attend: If you’re a member of an underrepresented group in tech, you could qualify for a Diversity Scholarship or Female Innovator Award. Visit each link for more information and apply today!
- Accessibility: Contact us if you need accessibility accommodations.
- Learn ways to get started developing using open source and free tools
- Share feedback that will influence the MongoDB roadmap
- Meet CTO and Co-founder Eliot Horowitz and ask him questions
- Learn how to start and run your own MongoDB User Group (MUG)
- FInd out what it takes to qualify for the accelerator program
- Participate in unconference activities
- And more!
Ask the Experts
If you have a MongoDB question you’ve been meaning to ask, or an idea you’d like an expert on the database to give input on, schedule an Ask the Experts appointment. You’ll get a 30-minute, complimentary consulting slot with a MongoDB engineer. Alongside their expertise, they will be equipped with their paper, pens, and whiteboards, so you can brainstorm and get creative!
[New] Community Day
On June 26, we celebrate the MongoDB community. You’ll get to:
Take advantage of being in the greatest city in the world for the duration of the conference. On your time off, explore what New York City has to offer, including its hidden attractions.
Save some space in your travel bag, as you will walk away with brand new swag items after the event. Have a swag item you’ve been dying to receive? Let us know.
We promise to keep you focused by providing breakfast, lunch, and plenty of coffee and tea throughout the day. That way you can focus on absorbing new information and participating in fun activities.
Craft Beer Tasting
After investing in your technical education, you can wrap up MongoDB World by grabbing a cool drink and something to eat before heading home. Connect with the event attendees from across the world, discuss what you’ve learned, and chat with your favorite speakers.
The craft beer tasting will feature nonalcoholic drink options, wine, and beers from local breweries. Cheers!
Ready to be part of the fun? Sign up for your conference pass today.
Date: June 26-27, 2018
Location: New York Hilton Midtown, 1335 6th Ave, New York, NY 10019
Learn More & Sign Up: mongodbworld.com