The latest update to the MongoDB 4.0 series, MongoDB 4.0.11, is now available. The new version brings together all the fixes created since version 4.0.10 was released. 4.0.11 is a recommended upgrade for all MongoDB 4.0 users.
Details of the fixes in 4.0.11 and all previous 4.0 releases are in the release notes for MongoDB 4.0.
Information on all features of MongoDB is available in the MongoDB 4.0 Manual.
Some of the more important fixes in 4.0.11 include :
- SERVER-39756: Sharding a very large collection can result in a long stall of writes against this collection.
- SERVER-40134: Distinct command against a view can return incorrect results when the distinct path is multikey.
- SERVER-40535: Possibility to get a non-existent key if using ReadConcern level:local when reading signing keys in ReplicaSet.
- SERVER-41361: Do not read at lastApplied while already holding the PBWM lock on secondaries.
- SERVER-41869: Reverse mutex acquisition order in CatalogCache::_scheduleCollectionRefresh.
- SERVER-42055: Only acquire a collection IX lock to write the lastVote document.
- SERVER-42232: Adding a new shard renders all preceding resume tokens invalid.