MongoDB 3.4.0-rc4 is out and is ready for testing. This is the culmination of the 3.3.x development series.
As with previous major releases, we welcome the Community's involvement in testing our release candidates through our Bug Hunt. We invite you to help us ensure the quality of this release, and we want to give away some great prizes to those who do. You can learn more about how to get involved and the resources available in our blog post: https://www.mongodb.com/blog/post/announcing-the-mongodb-3-4-bug-hunt
Users can now get up to speed on upcoming features with the MongoDB 3.4 Online Course: https://university.mongodb.com/courses/M034/about
Fixed in this release candidate:
- SERVER-24596 Deadlock waiting for majority snapshot during map reduce output stage
- SERVER-24994 Assertion when sharded collection is dropped during metadata changes
- SERVER-26492 2dsphere geoNear density estimator should stop once it exceeds $maxDistance
- SERVER-26747 replSetStepDown should wait for last write to commit
- SERVER-26993 Extend concurrency suite options
- SERVER-27048 Fix recursive lock issue leading to deadlock or crash in LegacySession
- SERVER-27053 Possibility to confirm w:majority write that has been rolled back
- WT-3000 Missing log records in recovery when crashing after a log file switch
- WT-3017 Hazard pointer race with page replace causes error
As always, please let us know of any issues.
-- The MongoDB Team