Startups are not for the faint of heart. A friend of mine once told me about the challenges he faced in starting his company. To come up with the capital to manufacture his first batch of units, he mortgaged everything he had, slept under his office desk for four months, and worked 16-hour days tirelessly. Luckily, he was able to get his first batch of units to customers on time, and the market reception was overwhelmingly positive.
Fast forward nine years and my friend’s company is now publicly traded, with over 200 employees. The company recently shipped its 15 millionth device.
Hard work and success stories aside, the first step for entrepreneurs to lift their startup off the ground is getting visibility, generating buzz, and showcasing their product in front of the right audience.
At the MongoDB World Startup Showcase, we’re excited to give entrepreneurs a chance to demo their product in front of venture capitalists, the media, and potential employees. Participants will be invited to give their elevator pitch and will be able to showcase their products.
- Elevator pitch in the Giant Ideas Theatre - attract investors, employees, and media
- Two complimentary tickets to MongoDB World 2016*
- Inclusion in MongoDB World marketing and press campaigns
- Promotion in MongoDB social media campaigns
- One year complimentary subscription to Cloud Manager, the easiest way to run MongoDB**
*Hotel and airfare not included **Does not include backup
Participating companies must be building a product or service, employ less than 100 people, and actively use MongoDB.
- Submit an online application.
- In your responses, make sure to address the following questions:
- Company Description: Give us some information about your company, including company name, product, website URL, videos, etc.
- Target Market: Describe the target market and audience for your product or service. Preferred markets are Data Analytics, Mobile, Machine Learning, and IoT.
- MongoDB Usage: Describe how your company uses MongoDB.
- Team Background: Include some background information about your team.
Applications must be submitted by 5:00 PM(PST) on March 25, 2016.
We are looking forward to hearing from you!