Thanks to everyone who submitted nominations for MongoDB Masters this year! The continued support of our community has propelled MongoDB to become the fastest growing database ecosystem. Today we’re excited to recognize the leaders that have contributed to our vibrant and growing community through the MongoDB Masters program.
What is the MongoDB Masters program?
MongoDB Masters is an annual program run by MongoDB to recognize and empower leaders in the MongoDB community. Masters serve as ambassadors, leaders, educators, and experts sharing their first-hand knowledge and experience. Masters complete MongoDB professional certification to demonstrate their expertise.
The Masters participate in regular q&a sessions with MongoDB engineering, get early access to MongoDB products and services and an invitation to our annual Masters Summit at MongoDB World.
What are the criteria for membership this year?
- Regularly engage with the community, both online and offline
- Demonstrate expertise in MongoDB, including a willingness to become a certified MongoDB professional
- Serve as an advocate for MongoDB and the community
- Provide feedback on new MongoDB releases and MongoDB products
Announcing 2015 Masters
Without further ado, this year’s MongoDB Masters:
- Atilla Tozser, Amadeus
- Beibei Xiao, Baidu
- Cesar Trigo, Gigigo
- Charity Majors, Parse/Facebook
- Dai Shi, Foursquare
- Doug Garrett, Genentech
- Flavio Percoco, Red Hat
- Gustavo Niemeyer, Canonical
- Jai Hirsch, CARFAX
- Jared Cottrell, MongoLab
- Jeff Berger, Sailthru
- Johannes Brandstetter, comSysto
- Jongmyun Joo, Plan Information Technology
- Jorge Puente Sarrín, RebelMouse
- Katia Aresti, Aresti Development
- Kenny Gorman, ObjectRocket by Rackspace
- Kevin Cearns, Entuit Enterprise Solutions
- Mark Callaghan, Facebook
- Michael Kennedy, DevelopMentor
- Michael Poremba, Practice Fusion
- Nick Martin, Meteor
- Nicola Iarocci, CIR 2000
- Nuri Halperin, N+ Consulting
- Pedro Pessoa, Server Density
- Rick Copeland, Synapp.io
- Robert J Moore, Allan Bank Consulting
- Russell Smith, Rainforest QA
- Sigfrido Narvaez, Sage
- Tom Leach, GameChanger
- Travis Redman, Parse/Facebook
- Trisha Gee, Jet Brains
- William Kennedy, Ardan Studios
We look forward to this group’s continued contribution to MongoDB.
If you're interesting in using or learning more about MongoDB, you can start by signing up to learn how to use it on university.mongodb.com or visit one of our globally hosted MUGs (MongoDB User Groups) in your area. You can follow this year's MongoDB Masters on Twitter here.
About the Author - Michael
Michael Calvert is the global community manager at MongoDB. Prior to MongoDB he was a founding employee at Disqus as their first community manager. During his 6 years there, he helped drive growth from 13k to over 1.4+ billion monthly unique visitors and was involved in all parts of the business from managing and scaling community, product development, business development with key partners, creating and managing events, and marketing. In his free time he creates video games and has a passion for corgis.