A Single View application aggregates data from multiple sources into a central repository to create a single view of anything — of customers, inventory, systems, supply chains, risk or any other aspect of the business.
Single View applications enable organizations to:
- Improve customer service, like MetLife’s The Wall, a single view of the customer.
- Cut crime, like the City of Chicago’s WindyGrid app, a single view of the city.
- Bring new products to market, like Telefonica’s customer data aggregation app, a single view of the subscriber.
- Agility. Today you are pulling in data from legacy customer service systems. Tomorrow you may need to incorporate customer sentiment analysis. Evolving a relational database at this pace is not easy.
- Diverse Data. By definition, a Single View application aggregates data from multiple sources. Reconciling these different formats in a relational database is challenging and in many cases impossible.
- Granular Access and Analysis. A Single View application is only as good as its ability to serve up fine-grained access to the data within it.
- Scalability. Combining multiple data sources makes for one big Single View application. Can your relational database accommodate this scale?
- Dynamic schemas in MongoDB make it possible to pull in new data sources and change the database as often as the business demands.
- Documents in MongoDB provide a flexible platform for storing any number of data types.
- Rich query language, indexing and analytics make it possible to access the right data for the right apps.
- Horizontal Scaling makes it cost-effective to aggregate and even add to as many data sources as required.
Your Partnership with MongoDB
Let MongoDB help you build your Single View application to obtain a single view of your business. MongoDB Enterprise will improve your business outcomes with lower cost, effort and risk. Through consultative, proactive support we partner with you from development to production. Take advantage of management tools, zero-downtime upgrades, disaster recovery, enterprise-grade security, OS certifications and on-demand training. Contact us to learn more.
Greg Brockman, Stripe
Josh Bungert, MetLife