Delhi-NCR MUG: Introduction to MongoDB Charts

About this Event

Delhi-NCR MongoDB User Group is excited to announce a meetup on the coming weekend to introduce you all to MongoDB Charts. MongoDB Charts is the best way to create stunning visualizations for your data. Join us for a demonstration of visualizing MongoDB data using this amazing tool.

It will start with a quick no-code demo followed by a collaborative exercise with some amazing swag to win. Not to forget we have some exciting fun games as well.

If you are a beginner or have some experience with MongoDB already, there is something for all you of you!

Agenda

Time Topic
12:00 PM - 12:10 PM Meet and Greet
12:10 PM - 12:30 PM Virtual Vacation - Fun Game w/ swag to win!
12:30 PM - 12:50 PM Introduction to MongoDB Charts - Demo
12:50 PM - 01:30 PM MongoDB Charts Challenge w/ swag to win!
01:30 PM - 01:45 PM Breakout Room Games
01:45 PM - 02:00 PM Results

Where?

Link Details

Event Type: Online
Link(s):

To RSVP - Please click on the “✓ Going” link at the top of this event page if you plan to attend. The link should change to a green button if you are Going. You need to be signed in to access the button.

photo_siddhant

Siddhant Varma

Product Engineer, Looppanel

Full-Stack JavaScript Developer, passionate about technology and problem-solving. Possess experience in working with web technologies like ReactJS, AngularJS and Angular2, HTML, and CSS, NodeJS, Express, MongoDB, Firebase, and SQL.

Organizers

Rohit

Rohit Kumar

ThoughtFocus, Lead Database, and Cloud Operations

sanchit

Sanchit Khurana

Co-Founder, The Coding Culture

Shrey

Shrey Batra

Software Engineer, LinkedIn

Join the Delhi-NCR group to stay updated with upcoming meetups and discussions.

8 Likes

Hi,

Will that be an online webinar? Will it be recorded? Is it publicly accessible?

2 Likes

Hi,

It will be an online event.

3 Likes

Hey @NeNaD,
As Sanchit mentioned, this would be an online meetup and thus, open for anyone located anywhere to join.

Also, this being a user group meetup would be interactive and collaborative in nature, with the focus being introducing and getting everyone attending up to speed on MongoDB Charts.

Hope to have you join and be a part of it. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hi @Harshit,

Thanks for additional details. Where can we find the link to join? I will definitely interested! :smile:

Kind regards,
Nenad

2 Likes

That’s great to know :slight_smile:

The link is collapsed under the “Where” section in the description.

I will post here as well for easy access: Launch Meeting - Zoom

3 Likes

Hey Everyone,
Gentle Reminder, that the event starts in less than 24 hours. Yay!

Here’s how you can be better prepared for the demo and exercise the speaker has for you:

1. Create your free Atlas Cluster: This tutorial guides you through creating an Atlas cluster, connecting to it, inserting data, and querying data.
  2. Load the Sample Data Set: Once you have your cluster up and running, load the sample data to be better prepared for tomorrow.

Please feel free to reply to this thread and ask if you get stuck anywhere. :raised_hands:

We are looking forward to seeing you all tomorrow at the event :slight_smile:

4 Likes

The event begins in less than 25 mins! :rocket:
Join here: Launch Meeting - Zoom

1 Like

Thanks all for kind information

2 Likes

Exercise Details:

1. Breakout rooms: We will soon be breaking into rooms with a timer at the top.

2. Exercise Details: Inside the breakout rooms you will see questions you to solve by plotting charts.

3. Submission Form: Once done, or once the time is up, make sure you submit to the form. NOTE: Any team member can submit with their email address used for zoom.

Evaluation Criteria

1. Completeness (40%) - Correct use of data to answer all important questions.

2. Visualisation (30%) - Creative and effective use of visual analytics to provide relevant and attractive charts and/or graphs that depict the same

3. Story Telling (30%) - Capability to tell a compelling and engaging story that is logical and critical

Questions to Solve

1. What are the total number of restaurants in Brooklyn?

2. Amongst a certain set of restaurants, which have the maximum number of outlets?

3. Which are the most popular restaurants by scores?

4. Which restaurants have the maximum cuisines?

5. Compare different cuisine types served by the restaurants

Where to Submit?

You need to submit your details, screenshot, and dashboard link to this form.

5 Likes

Hey All, Jayesh Choudhary here,
I was in the 3rd place in trivia
below are my contact details, in case you don’t find my account details

email - jayeshchoudhary619@gmail.com

It was very fun and got to lean more about MongoDB :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Hi @Harshit,

Is there a recording of a webinar available somewhere?

Hey @NeNaD
There is a recording and we will be publishing it soon. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hey Everyone,
Thanks for joining the event last Saturday.

Here’s the recording of the event in case you missed it: MUG Delhi-NCR: Introduction to MongoDB Charts | March 26, 2022 - YouTube

Some important updates:

• Results of the charts challenge are being compiled and will be shared here shortly.
  • You will be reached out this week for taking in your details around sending you Swag.
  • Make sure you join the Delhi-NCR group to stay updated with upcoming meetups and discussions

We hope to see you in person at the next meetup!

1 Like

We have the results of the Charts Challenge!

Congratulations to all the winners!

:1st_place_medal: 1st Place

Room 8

@Ansh_Ganatra @jayesh_choudhary @Anurag_Gupta1

:2nd_place_medal: 2nd Place

Room 7

@Preeti_Sharma @Sai_Charan3

:3rd_place_medal: 3rd Place

Room 6

@Coder_Chirag @Gokul_Ks @i_koala @Parundeep_Singh

You will be reached out this week for taking in your details around sending you Swag.

8 Likes

yay
thanks for organizing the event y’all!

4 Likes

Congratulations to all the winners!! :confetti_ball:

Let’s keep on learning, growing and improving our skills with some fun and games.
For any roadblocks you may face in this journey, your questions are most welcome at MongoDB Developer Community.
Also, please free to explore our free MongoDB University courses.

Happy learning :smiley:
Tarun

4 Likes

Hello
I’d won the Kahoot Trivia and was supposed to be contacted last week
Is there any update on the same?

Hey @Ansh_Rathod1,
Sorry for the delay, we were figuring out some operational things. Expect to hear from us in a couple of days. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello Organizers!
I didn’t recieve swag mail yet. Can you please let me know.