Learn about the applications and libraries you must install to use Client-Side Field Level Encryption (CSFLE).
Before you can use CSFLE, you must set up the following items in your development environment:
- Install MongoDB Enterprise Edition version 4.2 or later.
- Install a MongoDB Driver Compatible with CSFLE.
- Install OpenSSL optional.
- Start a MongoDB instance or Atlas Cluster.
- Grant file system permissions. The client application or a privileged user needs permissions to start the mongocryptd process on the host.
- Install specific driver dependencies. To see the list of dependencies for your driver, select the tab corresponding to the language you would like to use to complete this guide:
To start using CSFLE, see Quick Start.
To learn how to use CSFLE with a remote Key Management Service provider, see Tutorials.