The University Forums are Coming to the Community!

Update: The migration is complete! Let us know if you are experiencing any account or content-related issues.

Hi all,

Happy Wednesday! I wanted to share an exciting announcement with you:

The University forums (currently at discourse.university.mongodb.com) will be merging into this community forum next week. This is a change that was requested by you, our community, and is part of a broader strategy to create a more streamlined, unified developer experience for you.

Here are the important things to know:

• This migration is planned for 1 AM EST March 4, 2021 through 11:59 PM EST March 5, 2021. During the migration, you will not be able to make any changes to your University forum or Community forum content or profile.
  • Your login information will not change. Please log into the Community forums with your same credentials as you used for the University forums. If you have an account in both forums today, your accounts should be merged into a single account after the migration if you have used the same email address for both accounts. If you have used different email addresses, you’ll now have two different accounts for this forum: one associated with your university forum content and one with your community forum content. If you have concerns about this particular component of the migration with regards to your account(s), please reach out to us at moderators@mongodb.com.
  • This move will result in the original University forums being switched to read-only. All the old content from the University forums will be migrated to the new forum. Look for new forum categories once the migration is complete!

Please check your profile information following the migration to ensure that everything is as you’d expect it to appear. (We’ll let you know when the migration window closes.) Some of your stats may vary, depending on your activity in the community forums prior to the migration. If you notice any concerning issues, such as missing badges, images, or content, please comment in this thread or contact us at moderators@mongodb.com.

Let me know below if you have any questions!

Jamie

9 Likes

Wow! That’s great news!

I better make sure @steevej sees this :smiley: :laughing:

4 Likes

Hello Jamie

Is this the reason why there is no response from any of the curriculum staff on Uniersity forum?
I don’t see any reply for last couple of days
Are they busy in migration activities?

It seems some of the courses(M301-security)are retired but no indication of it nor any reply/confirmation from Course instructors
Can someone respond to those students?

Thanks

Hello @Ramachandra_Tummala,

in general this forum is not meant to be a shadow support forum for the university. However this seems to be a ONE TIME exceptional situation. I am not a moderator an will not overstep the rules of this forum.

To help you please send me your question as direct message and also the section of the class M310 in case I like to read the context. I will NOT send you the answer but a hint.

I like to info @Jamie, @Peter and @Stennie_X to keep transparency and also I like to emphasize that I want to help where help is needed. But we do not establish a bypass to any set processes what means this should be a ONE TIME issue.

Hope this is ok for all.
Michael

Adding @Shubham_Ranjan for visibility here

Thanks @Jamie!!

Hi @Ramachandra_Tummala,

Thanks for sharing this. I will follow up with the curriculum team on this.

Thanks,
Shubham

@Shubham_Ranjan @Jamie @Ramachandra_Tummala @Peter

I can confirm that M310 is not longer available as class to take
I still can see and access the content of M310 via the list of taken classes. This should not have any impact since I have taken all classes, it this would impact than the list of available classes should be empty. But only M310 is missing. This is tested with an on demand account.

PS Class T101 is not visible for an on demand account, I’d like to suggest to change this so that there is no difference to an non on demand account.

Regards,
Michael

Hi @Ramachandra_Tummala @michael_hoeller,

We have recently retired the M310: MongoDB Security Course from MongoDB University. So it will not be visible to any user who registers for DBA learning Path on MongoDB University.

We are working on creating a new Security course with up-to-date content and an improved learner experience. Meanwhile, we highly recommend referencing MongoDB Security Documentation.

We have updated our users who have reached out to us for this, however, the discussion forum is still open for user’s questions who have registered for the course before the end of January, 21.

We are struggling with a reduced headcount for some time now. We will soon catch up with the pace and respond to our users as soon as possible. We really appreciate our super users who have been supporting our learners tirelessly!!

Thanks,
Sonali

2 Likes

Hi y’all,

We’re in the final sprint to complete this migration! The downtime window has been scheduled for 1 AM EST March 4, 2021 through 11:59 PM EST March 5, 2021. During this time, you won’t have access to the University forums and these forums will be read-only. You’ll notice some other announcements around these details going up throughout the next few hours. If you have any course-related issues during this time, please contact the University support team at university@mongodb.com. Otherwise, we’ll see you on the other side!

Cheers,

Jamie

2 Likes

How do you expect me to detract myself from work now ?

4 Likes

We’re back! The migration is complete. Let us know if you notice anything askew. Otherwise, major props to the team, especially @Stennie_X @Michael_Lee @Shubham_Ranjan & @Katharine_Lucic for getting this done!

3 Likes

Hi @Jamie,

Massive kudos to you for leading the migration project and getting all of the moving parts aligned!

This was a great #BuildTogether outcome that involved a tremendous amount of planning, testing, and coordination across teams and timezones.

Much appreciated … you #OwnWhatYouDo and #MakeItMatter!

Many many thanks,
Stennie

3 Likes