Sink Parent and Child Kafka Topics into Single Collection

Hi All,

May be this a redundant question, we are planning to replicate RDBMS data into MongoDB, just want to check the design options that are possible to replicate data successfully with a minimal effort into document Model

RDBMS
Order
OrderDetails

MongoDb
Order { …,OrderDetails[{}]}

Options

1. Have independent collections for Order and Order Detail, and perform a join through lookup and present the data, if requested

2. Have independent Staging Collections (for a parent and child queue), upon data arriving on the Parent and/or Child Document build the final document and upsert through Mongo data event to the actual Order-Detail collection

3. Merge two topics using Kafka Stream and send the merged topic to a kafka connector

Please let me know, which of the options should be chosen, pro & cons if possible, If there is a better solution, please guide me to the right approach

If you’d like MongoDB help check out the MongoDB Migrator

Thanks for your response Robert, we are planning to migrate the data from Db2 z/OS. We not only want to load the data to Mongo, but also we want to keep the data in sync with legacy Db through Change Data Capture. My apologizes, I did not state that clearly earlier

This topic was automatically closed 5 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.