Power bi conection preblem to MongoDB

Hello,

I am trying to connect power bi with mongo DB and get this error
Wer encounter an error while trying to connect.
Details: "Data source error occurred.
SQLSTATE: 01000
NativeError: 444
Error message: ODBC: ERROR [01000] The driver returned invalid (or failed to return) SQL_DRIVER_ODBC_VER: 03.80

I follow the guide in the website step by step.

ODBC Driver Download :1.0.0 (the latest)

Power BI Connector Download :1.0.0 (the latest)

Power BI Connector Vertion :Version: 2.118.1063.0 64-bit (June 2023) (the latest)

hello Sahar! Welcome to the community. This error usually indicates an issue with your user credentials. And because of caching on the MS Power BI side, if you just messed up the password on the first try, then put in the correct one, this error will still be present. Take a look at these instructions to help remove this error/blocker:

Good Luck and let me know if this helped.
Best,
Alexi

1 Like

I tried this but it is not working.
same issue.
user and password are correct

i use power bi tool and want to change my Database to mongoDB, that is all

Are you able to connect to your Atlas SQL Federated DB via Compass or MongoDB Shell (using this same user if and password)? This will help us validate the user credentials.

YES.
I am new to this. Maybe you are available for a zoom meeting?
If yes tell me when and i send a link

Hello Sahar - please use my calendly link to Calendly - Alexi Antonino schedule some time with me and I will send you a zoom link for the time slot. Looking forward to connecting with you.
Best,
Alexi

Hey Alexi
I am so sorry for missing our meeting. i will reschedule a new one

no worries - I am looking forward to meeting with you.

Do you guys had a meeting ? have you find any solutions?

Great! Thanks! I could resolve my problem, so, now, when my data is loading power bi show this message: “This query does not have any columns with the supported data types. It will be disabled from being loaded to the model.” any advice?

How did you solve the problem, cos i have the same issue. I would appreciate any help i can get.

I have the same issue, please share the steps you made in resolving this. thanks

Hey All - if you are able to connect, but then get a message about no columns, it could be because of the SQL Schema. Take a look at these steps to get/generate the SQL Schema. And here are the online docs about SQL Schema Management.

Hi @Alexi_Antonino how are you? Please I am with the same issue, I did the steps and the erro still there.

Can we schedule some time with me? Can I meet into your calendy?

I need advance with Power Bi the analytics into my company, we need help here.

Best,

Gabriel

I could be missing something but after getting this error, I relooked at the download instructions and realized that I hadn’t downloaded and moved the connector into the right place.

Follow all of the instructions for both mongoDB connector and the powerbi connection, which ended up working for me to clear out this issue.

@Hudson_Lorfing1 thanks for the feedback. I am working to make our doc instructions more overt around the steps, especially for the download/install of the odbc driver. This might help others.
@Gabriel_Nogueira If you are still stuck, please feel free to schedule some time with me or email me: Calendly - Alexi Antonino
alexi.antonino@mongodb.com

Best
Alexi

Hello @Alexi_Antonino, I cannot load my MongoDB database on PowerBi even after trying all methods. I tried using the ODBC method as well but it couldn’t load. Can you please help me with the same?

I keep getting the error. Could you help me with the same?

Details: “Data source error occurred.
Error message: ODBC: ERROR [01000] The driver returned invalid (or failed to return) SQL_DRIVER_ODBC_VER: 03.80”

Regards,
Rohan

@Alexi_Antonino : Can you please post the solution for the benefit of everyone. I too am facing the same issue where I get

Details: “Data source error occurred.
Error message: ODBC: ERROR [01000] The driver returned invalid (or failed to return) SQL_DRIVER_ODBC_VER: 03.80”

Regards,
Mahesh

1 Like

Here is what fixed that error for me…

delete existing ODBC connection (file → datasource settings → delete)
make the ODBC connection again (datasource settings → new → default or custom tab → save)

Not specifying any credentials / connection string properties is what made things work for me.

1 Like

Hi All - Here is a possible way around this error (see image below):
Also, make sure you are using a MongoDB Database User/Login and not the credentials you use for Atlas. And one more thing to check is that your IP address is whitelisted.
" IP Access List

Atlas only allows client connections to the database deployment from entries in the project’s IP access list. To connect, you must add an entry to the IP access list."

Hope this helps!
Alexi

2 Likes