My account can not create new project & manage billing

I want to apply my credit from the AGI house’s hackathon.

However, when I click the “Billing” on my “MongoDB Attlas account page”, it shows an error message as follows:

You are not authorized to view Billing.

And I tried to create a new project for myself, and it showed another error message:

You do not have the necessary permission to perform this operation.

Could you please let me know how I could fix them?

Thanks!

Hi @Huan42 The likely reason is that you don’t have a billing role for this account. For example, you are not the owner of the Atlas org, or you aren’t setup with a role that does. See more details here https://www.mongodb.com/docs/atlas/reference/user-roles/

If you aren’t sure what to do next, click the Chat support button and someone should be able to guide you.

Hi @Dave_Nielsen, thanks for the reply and the information you provided!

However, I registered my account via the AGI House hackathon, and I have no idea about the role.

I think a new account should be able to have those roles by default?

I’ll check it out later.

Thanks again, I appreciate your help!

Hmm, that is strange. I don’t have access into your account, but you can use our chat feature to talk to someone who can look at your account and straighten it out. I’m sorry this is confusing. I haven’t seen this before.

I figured the problem out finally.

Here’s my situation:

1. When I registered my account, I joined an organization automatically (I guess I followed some invitation link)
  2. After that, my account is under that organization by default. As a member, I leak the roles of Billing, etc.
  3. So, I can not visit the Billing page.

The solution is easy: I created another organization, and everything went smoothly.

Thanks for the help and the credit!

P.S. I’d like to suggest that on the billing page, when a user has no privilege to manage, tell them the reason in detail so that they can know they are under an organization and leak of required roles. At the same time, tell the user that they can ask the admin for the specific role, or they can create another organization to become an admin by themselves.

This topic was automatically closed 5 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.