MongoDB $weeklyUpdate #97 (December 9, 2022): What Does Atlas Search Have to Do With Soccer?!

#weeklyUpdate (1)
It’s Friday. You know what that means…

:tada: Welcome to the MongoDB $weeklyUpdate! :tada:

Each week, we bring you the latest and greatest from our Developer Relations team — from blog posts and YouTube videos to meet-ups and conferences — so you don’t miss a thing.

:computer: What’s Up on Developer Center?

Everything you see on Developer Center is by developers, for developers. This is where we publish articles, tutorials, quickstarts, and beyond. :rocket:

Featured Post

Atlas Search is a Game Changer!

atlas-search

In this creative and fun blog, @Karen_Huaulme shows us how to look up soccer players’ stats (without knowing how to spell their names!) using Atlas Search.

Other Shout-Outs

:arrow_right: Saving Data in Unity3D Using Realm by @Dominic_Frei

:arrow_right: Using MongoDB with Apache Airflow by @Robert_Walters

:flashlight: Weekly Spotlight

Each week, we feature a member of our team or a brilliant partner we’re collaborating with. This week, get to know Graeme!

Graeme is a Staff Developer Advocate for Strategic Accounts at MongoDB.

Fun fact: “I have a driver’s license, a pilot’s license and am a qualified sailing instructor. Does anyone know where you can learn to drive a train so I can complete the set?”

Pet peeve: “Untidiness - I could be a case study in OCD (thanks Mom :slightly_smiling_face:). Thankfully, my two young kids are helping me through my ‘problem’ by giving me plenty of opportunities to confront it.”

Favorite podcast: “Although it’s aimed primarily at runners, the Some Work All Play podcast by Megan and David Roach is one of my favorites for generally giving great advice on healthy living, setting and achieving life targets, and learning to love who you are. Highly recommended.”

:spiral_calendar: Mark Your Calendars

Every month, all across the globe, we organize, attend, speak at, and sponsor events, meetups, and shindigs to bring the DevRel community together. Here’s what we’ve got cooking:

MongoDB Day Shanghai: December 13-14, 2022
MongoDB .local Toronto: December 15, 2022
Bengaluru MUG - In collaboration with OutSystems: December 16th 2022, 8:30pm, (GMT-08:00) Pacific Time

:studio_microphone: Stop, Collaborate, and Listen

If reading’s not your jam, you might love catching up on our podcast episodes.

Not listening on Spotify? We got you! We’re also on Apple Podcasts, PlayerFM, Podtail, and Listen Notes. (We’d be forever grateful if you left us a review.)

Catch the latest on YouTube!

Be sure you subscribe to YouTube so you never miss a video.

That’ll do it for now, folks! Like what you see? Help us spread the love by tweeting this update or sharing it on LinkedIn.

1 Like