Mongo DB - community Edition - 4.4.6

Hi All, I am using mongoDB( version - 4.4.6) in RHEL 8, could you please share the steps for upgrade DB.

I could see DB version 4.4.20 is available.

1. stop the services.
  2. unzip the software.
  3. updated new DB version in .bashrc file
  4. start the service
  5. when I check the version it shows as below,

MongoDB shell version v4.4.19
connecting to: mongodb://127.0.0.1:27017/?compressors=disabled&gssapiServiceName=mongodb
Implicit session: session { “id” : UUID(“8c3d5642-4e61-43be-bd3c-264510d8cc30”) }
MongoDB server version: 4.4.6
Welcome to the MongoDB shell.
For interactive help, type “help”.
For more comprehensive documentation, see
https://docs.mongodb.com/
Questions? Try the MongoDB Developer Community Forums

Mongo DB shell is updated and DB server version is still showing the OLD.

How can we update DB version too?, Please correct me, if any step wrong.

Regards
Krishna

Hello @krishnamoorthy_sonai ,

Welcome to The MongoDB Community Forums! :wave:

Could you please check a few things to make sure you are doing things as expected?

• Which package did you downloaded from the download center? Please make sure you have downloaded the correct server package. You can refer to this link to download the 4.4.20 server package of RedHat / CentOS 8.0
  • Have you copied the extracted files to the appropriate location?
  • Have you restarted the MongoDB instance?

Kindly go through below tutorial for updating your MongoDB server.

Please feel free to reach out if the issue persists.

Regards,
Tarun

Hi Tarun,

Thanks for the update.

Below is the points for your queries.

• Which package did you downloaded from the download center? Please make sure you have downloaded the correct server package. You can refer to this link to download the 4.4.20 server package of RedHat / CentOS 8.0 , Yes the same pack I downloaded it.
  • Have you copied the extracted files to the appropriate location?, I downloaded in one directory. How to check mongoDB home location installed, how to extracted files to appropriate loction? , could you please clarify it?, I think I did something wrong in this area.
  • Have you restarted the MongoDB instance?, Yes , I restarted the instance using systemctl restart mongod.

Hi Tarun

Thanks for your great help.

I have finished the Single instance Db upgrade now.

Could you please also help me on mongo-HA patching steps?

Regards
Krishna

Happy to hear that you were able to resolve the upgrade issue.

Could you please confirm what do you mean by mongo-HA patching? Are you referring to upgrade your MongoDB replica sets? If yes then please share the current and desired versions.

Also, MongoDB 4.4 series is due to be out of support by February 2024. To make sure that the version/desired version you are using will be supported in the near future, please see