Is Mongo DB ATLAS RestAPI is stable, good in performance ? and do you have any plan to deprecate or remove it in future

Hello Team,

We are looking at Mongo DB Atlas rest endpoints. Could you please confirm is Rest Endpoints supported in Mongo DB ATLAS is stable, good in performance ? and do you have any futiure plan to deprecate or remove.

Thanks,
Shubhangi

Hello @Shubhangi_Pawar ,

Welcome to The MongoDB Community Forums! :wave:

I assume you’re referring to the MongoDB Atlas Data API. If so, I would refer to the When To Use the Data API documentation for more information to confirm if it suits your use case. In saying so, It provides a simple and easy-to-use way to interact with MongoDB Atlas programmatically and enabling developers to automate administrative tasks.

As far as I know, MongoDB has no plans to deprecate or remove the Data API in the near future. In fact, MongoDB is continuing to invest in its APIs, including the Data API, to make them even more powerful and flexible.

With regards to the Data API, you may find the following resources useful:

Regards,
Tarun

1 Like

Hi Tarun,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes we are referring MongoDB Atlas [Data API (https://www.mongodb.com/docs/atlas/api/data-api/#overview).

1.We are looking for crud operation API through rest endpoints. Do we have open API documentation for crud rest API?

1. I have raised one more query for webhook or inbound polling ,could you please reply on it?

Query:

1. We found below Reference link slowness with Data Api’s. Could you confirm have we fixed or provided workaround for it ?

a. Data API (beta) - seems very slow to access data - MongoDB Atlas App Services & Realm / Atlas Data API - MongoDB Developer Community Forums
b. Data API is still slow in v1 - MongoDB Atlas App Services & Realm / Atlas Data API - MongoDB Developer Community Forums

Thanks,
Shubhangi Pawar

1 Like

You can take a look at below link for crud operations via Data API, I have shared additional resources in my previous reply that can also help you with the setup and integration.

I’ve replied to the post.

The threads you shared are nearly a year old and as we are constantly improving the services, recently we have not seen any such API slowness issues.

In case you face any challenges, while working on this you can reach out to us on this community forums or in case you need in-depth technical help/architectural suggestions, you can reach out to us at Contact Us | MongoDB .

This topic was automatically closed 5 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.