Error installing with Homebrew: Your Xcode (14.0.1) is too outdated

I tried above command to solve issue but not able to solve it.
it showing me below error. Please help me to solve error. (ventura 13 is install in Intel Mac)

==> Installing mongodb-community@6.0 from mongodb/brew

Error: Your Xcode (14.0.1) is too outdated.

Please update to Xcode 14.1 (or delete it).

Xcode can be updated from the App Store.

Welcome to the MongoDB Community @Code_Entic !

This error message is coming from Homebrew: you need to update Xcode (or the Xcode Command Line Tools) after a major O/S upgrade. See: Installation — Homebrew Documentation.

Xcode 14.1 is still at the release candidate stage so you will either have to wait for the GA release or download a release candidate from Apple’s developer download page if you want to use Homebrew. Related discussion: macOS 13 (Ventura) and gcc-12 · Issue #113968 · Homebrew/homebrew-core · GitHub.

As a workaround (if you don’t want to install RCs), you can also get MongoDB binaries from the MongoDB Downloads page. This is slightly less convenient than a Homebrew install as you would have to manually set up a launchctl definition if you want to start/stop mongod as a service, however you can always move to a brew install later.

Per discussion on the Homebrew GitHub issue above, it is unusual for a new macOS SDK not to be realised simultaneously with the O/S but it would be reasonable to expect that very soon.

Regards,
Stennie

1 Like

Hi @Code_Entic,

I noticed Command Line Tools for Xcode 14.1 are now available, so you should be able to install this Ventura Homebrew prerequisite via macOS Software Update.

Regards,
Stennie

This topic was automatically closed 5 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.