Easily Return to Previous Page

Hi!

In general, I like the look of the forum, but it is a little confusing for me to figure out how to return to the previous page that I was on. For example, suppose I am on the Welcome page. I see an introduction from someone that I want to reply to. I click on that, write my reply, and post it. What then? Well maybe I want to return to the welcome page again. There seems no link or button or breadcrumb trail I can use to get back there, at both the top and bottom of that page. A breadcrumb trail would be nice…it is hard to say at this point…but I’d like to get back to my previous page, and from there, perhaps look at other parts of the Community Forums.

Thanks so much

Bob

Hi @Robert_Cochran,

Thanks for the feedback. There’s a link to the category for a post below the title (eg “Site Feedback” on this page), but that’s not the same as a generic “back to where you were” or recently visited pages navigation.

For my personal workflow I have a habit of opening links for reading in new tabs so I can rely on browser behaviour rather than site-specific UI (although recently visited pages would be handy). For example, ⌘-click a link on macOS.

Regards,
Stennie

Hi,
my personal habit is as with Stennie -> almost every link is opened is a new tap. beside that:
I just figured out that a click on the MongoDB logo brings you back to the start page. The initial content of the start page can be (kind of) defined in your personal settings. The good thing of the logo is, that it is always visible, so no extra scrolling. One more, you need to click on the leaf in case you are in a submenu…
Michael

2 Likes

@Robert_Cochran I discovered that Discourse has some handy keyboard shortcuts for power users.

Hit ? when the cursor isn’t in a search/edit box (or choose “Keyboard Shortcuts” from the menu at the top right of any page) and you should see a reference pop up similar to:

The u shortcut takes you back to the previous page.

Regards,
Stennie

2 Likes

Great find @Stennie_X! Thanks for sharing this.

1 Like

@Stennie_X Thank you so much for responding to this, and as with Doug, I think this is a great find. Sorry it took me so long to log back in and acknowledge. The Google user forum is still active and since I get emails when people post to that, it tends to be distracting. I will habitually log in to this community forum once daily to get the latest.

Thanks again Stennie!

Bob

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 5 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.