Deploying Multi-Kubernetes-Cluster operator on AWS EKS

Hi all,

Maybe I’m missing something but I’m following Multi-Kubernetes-Cluster Quick Start:

except I’m deploying on AWS EKS while the quick start is based on GKE.

As part of the process mongodb-enterprise-operator-member-list needs to be created (either manually or by kubectl plugin or using multicluster tool).

However, as EKS context is like “arn:aws:eks:region-code:111122223333:cluster/my-cluster” and creating config map results in following error:
failed creating secret: ConfigMap "mongodb-enterprise-operator-member-list" is invalid: [data[arn:aws:eks:region-code:111122223333:cluster/my-cluster]: Invalid value: "arn:aws:eks:region-code:111122223333:cluster/my-cluster": a valid config key must consist of alphanumeric characters, '-', '_' or '.' (e.g. 'key.name', or 'KEY_NAME', or 'key-name', regex used for validation is '[-._a-zA-Z0-9]+'), data[arn:aws:eks:region-code:111122223333:cluster/my-cluster]: Invalid value: "arn:aws:eks:region-code:111122223333:cluster/my-cluster": a valid config key must consist of alphanumeric characters, '-', '_' or '.' (e.g. 'key.name', or 'KEY_NAME', or 'key-name', regex used for validation is '[-._a-zA-Z0-9]+')]

How is it possible to bypass it and deploy on EKS?

Hi,

For now you need to refer to this guidance.

But in version 1.25 of the Operator (planned for release around late April) that limitation will be gone.