Copying BSON files to Copy a DB from One server/cluster to another

We are looking to copy a database from one server/cluster to another server as a part of out UAT refresh process.
Considering huge data in our Source (~3 TB) and delivery timelines, MongoRestore & mongodump are not viable solutions. Next idea is to copy the BSON files of the database from the source server to the target server. Does this work?
Is there any mongoDB documentation that could relate the solution we are looking at.
Please advise any possible solutions to do the database refresh.

Thanks,
Viswa…

Hi @Viswa_Rudraraju,
If the version of your instance is up 6 for both the clusters, you can consider to use that:

Regards

Thanks @Fabio_Ramohitaj for your quick response.

We are currently on mongo 6, planning to upgrade to 7 soon.

We considered mongosync as one of our option, However due to its limitations on time series collections we didn’t consider this option.

Does the mongosync in mongoDB 7 can sync the time series collections?

Regards,
Viswa…

Hi @Viswa_Rudraraju,
Unfortunately no :cry:
From the documentation:

Regards

Thanks again @Fabio_Ramohitaj .

With mongo SYNC not a tool we could use, Do you have any recommendations to us to copy data from one cluster/database to other.

Our requirement is to copy data from PROD to UAT DB to support UAT testing. Do you have any further recommendation for us to copy that big dataset affectively.

Regards,
Viswa…

Hi @Viswa_Rudraraju ,
It depends on the consistency of the data you want to have …
If you don’t need perfectly matched data, I would propose dump & restore while up & running production remains (Making the necessary considerations ).
Otherwise, if you want a perfect match between the data from these two infrastructures, you can consider a rsync of the data from the production machine, to the UAT machine (making the appropriate considerations, such as having to give disservice etc…).
Clearly, I recommend that you do the appropriate testing and see what might be the most suitable solution.

Regards

rsync of data,

Can you please direct me to any documentation that I can refer to.

Regards,
Viswa…