Automatic upgrade to 5.0 -- but when exactly, though?

This topic’s been closed otherwise I’d comment here: # Automatic upgrade to MongoDB 5.0

Can someone please define “mid February”? I need to deploy my app in order for it to keep it from crashing, or upgrade from M2 to a dedicated server, which is very expensive and I’d rather not do. I need a cutoff, though.

A specific date or range would be very helpful to know. Thanks!

Hi @Warren_Wonderhaus,

The automatic upgrade would have been completed today. You can check your shared tier cluster(s) in the database deployment section of Atlas to see if the MongoDB version is now at 5.0.

I need to deploy my app in order for it to keep it from crashing, or upgrade from M2 to a dedicated server, which is very expensive and I’d rather not do.

The upgrades occur in a rolling fashion (process that restarts all nodes in the cluster in sequence) so you generally should not encounter any issues in terms of having multiple node(s) down at the same time.

In addition to the above, I would recommend reviewing the server release notes regarding Compatibility Changes in MongoDB 5.0.

Regards,
Jason

1 Like

My M2 shared instance has been upgraded to 5.06 (i also didn’t have an exact time frame, wrote about it here : How I “scaled” my SaaS database and broke my app. | by Rishi U | Dev Genius (scroll towards the bottom part where i got the email to upgrade)

wrote to mongo support, said that it couldn’t be delayed,and my mongo node version is still 3.6

luckily i have no compatibility issue so far with my app, and things seem so far today to be OK, but i do plan on upgrading my node module soon.

This topic was automatically closed 5 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.