Achieving the attainment of the editor badge in MongoDB community

Some badges are so much easier to get than others, the editor badge has proven elusive…until now.

Hi @Jason_Nutt,

Looks like you’re aiming to collect 'em all :wink: . I noticed you have the Enthusiast badge (visiting for 10 consecutive days), so next stop on that path would be Aficionado (100 consecutive days) and if you’re super keen Evergreen (365 consecutive days).

We plan to add some more badges which may involve more challenging requirements, but the general goal to help recognise positive community habits & interaction.

Do you have any suggestion on badges you’d like to see?

Regards,
Stennie

1 Like

Hi and thanks so much @Stennie_X ,

There have been times where I’ve thought I wonder if there is a badge for or a blank badge would be cool. I will brainstorm with a coffee and write some down and return the best couple idea. Thanks for asking. That’s pretty awesome. Overall, gaining the knowledge is the primary goal, but having a badge collection is a fun way to get to know the community.

Ok, I have a couple ideas. Whether they are good, I will leave up to your discretion. Maybe, there could be one that is somehow connected to MongoDB University and when you complete ALL of the beginner level courses, then you get this badge and so on for the next levels of badges of this type until they graduate with a certificate of completion for the entire Curriculum.
Or, the badges for University could be in categories such as Developer, DBA, Architect.
I can’t remember but I think I remember asking myself if someone would have gotten a badge when I marked their reply as a solution.
There are a few more I just know I am forgetting. Thanks so much for the interest in your communities members. It is so well appreciated. You don’t even know!

Hi Jason,

Thank you for the suggestions!

Adding badges for MongoDB University course completion and successful certifications is already on our backlog but requires integration work so these can be awarded automatically. Badges based on forum activity are more straightforward to set up :wink:

Good idea! There are two new badges which will be awarded in the next scheduled update of badge calculations:

Regards,
Stennie

1 Like

Thanks for asking! When you said backlog and I didn’t wonder what you meant, I got a nice warm feeling inside…it’s the little things indeed. :thought_balloon: That’s why studying up on project management and agile methodology while you are growing in frontend development is an important piece of my puzzle. Trying to become well rounded as I can. Again, thanks for asking, acknowledging and being the overall :bomb:

1 Like

Hi @Stennie_X ! I am attending a Netlify Architecting with Next.js event today in between my course studies. I also, just got done speaking with @Michael_Lynn and @Jesse_Hall about being on the podcast and can’t wait to open up the email and fill out the strategy and make that happen. My question is about the policy of sharing links to webinars and events such as these that I think could really help someone in a similar position to mine?

Hi Jason,

Sharing links to events or resources that might help the MongoDB community is fine: you can post them in the Other MongoDB Topics category for now. It would also be great to share some post-event highlights and perhaps links to recorded talks (if available) that you found particularly interesting. For example: Thank you for two great days of sessions at MongoDB.live!.

We do want to avoid drive-by promoters who only join to post links to their sites or events and do not actually participate in community discussion, so there are limits on the number of links that can be posted by new users with lower trust levels in the community. Community members earn more forum privileges through positive interaction, and it doesn’t take too long to ramp up :slight_smile: .

We also have a Code of Conduct with guidance for community interaction.

Regards,
Stennie

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 176 days. New replies are no longer allowed.