Replica Set Maintenance Tutorials
The following tutorials provide information in maintaining existing replica sets.
- Change the Size of the Oplog
- Increase the size of the oplog which logs operations. In most cases, the default oplog size is sufficient.
- Perform Maintenance on Replica Set Members
- Perform maintenance on a member of a replica set while minimizing downtime.
- Force a Member to Become Primary
- Force a replica set member to become primary.
- Resync a Member of a Replica Set
- Sync the data on a member. Either perform initial sync on a new member or resync the data on an existing member that has fallen too far behind to catch up by way of normal replication.
- Configure Replica Set Tag Sets
- Assign tags to replica set members for use in targeting read and write operations to specific members.
- Reconfigure a Replica Set with Unavailable Members
- Reconfigure a replica set when a majority of replica set members are down or unreachable.
- Manage Chained Replication
- Disable or enable chained replication. Chained replication occurs when a secondary replicates from another secondary instead of the primary.
- Change Hostnames in a Replica Set
- Update the replica set configuration to reflect changes in members' hostnames.
- Configure a Secondary's Sync Target
Specify the member that a secondary member synchronizes from.
- Rename a Replica Set
- Rename an unsharded replica set.