WiredTiger logs in Mongo Docker container are too verbose

Hi Folks,

I am running a mongo:4-bionic docker container (community edition) and see the following event logged every few seconds. I read the documentations, both on what WiredTiger checkpoint and snapshot are and on how to configure log level for different components in the mongod.conf file. But this message has an Information severity so it does not appear that I can remove suppress it. Since, I really don’t understand how this message is “useful” for my product, I’m wondering if there is a way to suppress it?

{"t":{"$date":"2021-04-29T18:04:26.611+00:00"},"s":"I",  "c":"STORAGE",  "id":22430,   "ctx":"WTCheckpointThread","msg":"WiredTiger message","attr":{"message":"[1619719466:611140][1:0x7f4e16ba3700], WT_SESSION.checkpoint: [WT_VERB_CHECKPOINT_PROGRESS] saving checkpoint snapshot min: 39, snapshot max: 39 snapshot count: 0, oldest timestamp: (0, 0) , meta checkpoint timestamp: (0, 0)"}}
4 Likes

I believe that starting mongo with --quiet works pretty well. When working with docker-compose, I do something like this:

services:
  mongo:
    image: mongo
    command: mongod --quiet
    container_name: mongo_database
    restart: always
    volumes:
      - mongo-data:/data/db
    ports:
      - "27017:12017"

volumes:
  mongo-data:

The point here is to use command: mongod --quiet when starting the container.

Let me know if this work for you?