As many developer or students asked me why to choose mongodb over other databases
- Rich (expressive) query language which is also, to me, more intuitive.
- I think I can reason about things better as the storage document (BSON) is very close to that of JSON.
- I found MongoDB easier to learn than SQL. This is very subjective and personal, as I see many MongoDB University students who have come from SQL and struggle with MongoDB
- I like the green leaf.
Here are some of mine:
- The schema-less allows a lot of flexibility and speed while in development. There is no need to define tables and fields. You just start to code and manipulate data.
- The Altlas service (probably available for SQL too) is just wonderful. You simply concentrate on your data. No server to setup or dedicate. But I have to admit that setting up a local server is quite easy. The Charts feature is very nice.
- I just love Compass, schema analysis, aggregation builder.