Unable to see some collections in MongoDB compass?

Having a very strange experience with a web server connected to a MongoDB database. I am using NextAuth with MongoDB to store user sessions and account data automatically. It’s creating 3 collections in a database, the “users” “accounts” and “sessions” collections. It is infact working great and storing and retrieving data perfectly (as proven by some debugging i did).

However, when I try to find these collections in MongoDB compass they are NOWHERE to be found. I have triple checked my connection string, database name, etc and everything is correct. I am using a DigitalOcean MongoDB database server which makes me think that may I am lacking permissions to view these collections? I can’t think of any other reason why this might be?

I’ve tried switching out the connection string to one for a free cluster from MongoDB and it creates the 3 collections as normally and I can see them clear as day. But when I use this digitalocean server i cannot seem to see them in MongoDB compass.

If anybody has any insight into this I would greatly appreciate it. I am baffled as to how this is possible.

If you are able to connect to your server you should see the colllections
What do you see?
Can you see your collections from shell?
Check step 2 from this doc