Unable to connect to Tableau with BI Connector

Hi,

I can’t connect to Tableau Prep Builder using MongoDB BI Connector from Atlas. I have the BI Connector and an analytical node enabled.

When I try to connect to Tableau Prep Builder I obtain the following error message:

“Can’t connect to
Detailed Error Message:
An Error ocurred while communicating with MongoDB BI Connector [MySQL][ODBC 8.0 (w) Driver][mysqld-5.7.12 mongosqld v2.14.3] This command is not supported in the prepared statement protocol yet Unable to connect to the MongoDB BI Connector server . Check that the server is running and that you have access privileges to the requested database.”

The user I’m using is an admin inside Atlas so I should have the privileges to connect to the DB. I configured the ODBC correctly because my databases are showing and when I press “Test” I obtain as a test result “Connection Succesful”.

I also tried to connect to Tableau Online but I obtain the same message. Because of this, I don’t think that the problem is in my version of MySQL driver or my Visual C++ Redistributable version.

I hope you can help me.

Thank you.

Hello Fryderyk_Chopin,

Did you manage to solve this somehow? I’m facing a similar situation trying to connect Tableau Online with my MongoDB database(using the same, MongoDB BI connector from Atlas).

Thank you! :slight_smile:

Hi!

Nope, I created a SQL datawarehouse and then connected Tableau from there. I don’t use BI Connector.

Hello both @Fryderyk_Chopin and @Diana_Mihaela_Gherghinoaica - We now have an Atlas SQL custom connector for Tableau. It is compatible with Desktop, Prep and Server. And we plan to get it working with the Online product in the future. Here is a quick demo video to watch. And here is some online documentation to help you decide if you’d like to try it out.

So, please share the file your Admin and edit the odbcinst.ini file and add the following entry:

[MongoDB ODBC 1.4.5 Unicode Driver]
Driver=/usr/local/lib/libmdbodbcw.so