The port 27017 is blocked

The port 27017 is blocked by clicking http://portquiz.net:27017 and I have dificulty to connect to the host and port of the Atlas cluster with:
telnet cluster0-shard-00-00-jxeqq.mongodb.net 27017
Error message:
“Could not open connection to the host, on port 27017: Connect failed”

Thankyou

Hi @Fabiola_14168,

In this case, I would recommend you to contact your IT department to see if there is a workaround or try to make the request from another location such as your home network.

Let me know if the issue still persists.

Thanks,
Shubham Ranjan
Curriculum Support Engineer

Hi Shubham Ranjan,

thanyou for your support. I resolve the problem connecting from another location.

Regards,
Fabiola

Hi @Shubham_Ranjan,

if by any reason, connection were not possible; is it possible to complete the course using a local mongo instance and using the dataset mentioned here?

Or do we need to connect to the cluster for some kind of lab/test in order to complete the course?

Hi @Victor_51216,

You can definitely import the dataset in your local mongod instance and connect to it from mongo shell and Compass to complete the labs, quizzes and the final exam.

But, I would recommend you to connect to Atlas cluster as it will give you deeper understanding of other MongoDB technologies which will help you in other courses available at MongoDB University.

Additionally, can you please share the exact issue that you are facing ?

Hope it helps!

Thanks,
Shubham Ranjan

@Shubham_Ranjan it is just I’m currently in a network with 27017 port closed :wink:
Just wondering if I could complete the course skipiing connecting to Atlas so I’m not stuck.

Thank you.

Hi @Victor_51216,

It will only work as long as you have mongo shell and Compass installed on your system and your are able to complete the labs and final exam.

Hope it helps!

Thanks,
Shubham Ranjan