The Journey of #100DaysOfCode (@Shreya_Bhanot)

Hello everyone,

I am currently working as a Full Stack Developer with focus on Angular, JS, Java and .Net Core, yet sometimes I find myself skeptical in the fundamentals of development. Hence, I have been meaning to improve my skillset starting from the basics :chart_with_upwards_trend:

Thanks to my dear friend and tech enthusiast @SourabhBagrecha for inviting me to this community and motivating me to take this #100daysofcode challenge.

I am looking forward to share my daily updates and progress over the time.

4 Likes

Day1 of #100DaysOfCode

Day 1: Implemented pagination with filter in Angular.
Also went back to the basics !:repeat: Revised and did hands on at JS Fundamentals :- Keywords, Destructuring arrays/objects, Rest & Spread operators.

4 Likes

Day2 of #100daysofcode

Day 2: Continued the course on JS , topics covered were type conversions, controlling loops, Operators, Function and Block scopes, IIFE’s and Closures.

4 Likes

Day 3 of #100daysofcode

Day 3: Continuing with JS Fundamentals - this, call, apply and bind methods, Arrow functions, Constructor functions, Prototypes, JSON, Array Methods.

4 Likes

Day 4 of #100daysofcode

Day 4: Learnt about JS classes, methods, constructors and inheritance. Uses of Module, window object, timers, BOM, DOM and modifying elements of it. Lastly, Error Handling and user defined errors and Promises.

2 Likes

Day5 of #100daysofcode

Day 5 : Learnt few things in Angular :- Creating validation for input field using dynamic list, setting conditions for cascading dropdown. Keyup, keydown events with keycode.

2 Likes

Day6 of #100daysofcode

Learnt about Callback functions and its limitations, use of Promises. Dug deeper into how JS executes & Execution Context. Concept of Hoisting in JS and also explored some of the developer tools.

2 Likes

Day7 of #100daysofcode

Concepts on how JS functions work, their scope, global context and its associated window object and this keyword. Learnt about lexical environment and the working of scope chain, undefined v/s not defined.

2 Likes

Day8 of #100daysofcode

Gone through concepts of let, const and temporal dead zone. Also their scope, block scope, shadowing and illegal shadowing in JS.

2 Likes

Day9 of #100daysofcode

Went deeper into understanding Closures.
Also learnt setTimeout + closures, but would need more clarity on this.

2 Likes

Day10 of #100daysofcode

Finally got closure on Closures with setTimeout functions, and that would be enough for the weekend.

2 Likes

Day11 of #100daysofcode

Learnt some of the cool jargons of JS, difference in function statement and function expression, anonymous functions, named function expression and first class functions.

2 Likes

Day12 of #100daysofcode

How Event Listeners and callback functions work, blocking of the main thread, closure along with event listener, garbage collection & event listeners.

3 Likes

Day13 of #100daysofcode

Learnt about Event Loops, calling of Web APIs, CallBack Queue, MicroTask Queue and how JS works asynchronously in web browsers. setTimeout functions working along with fetch and event listeners.

2 Likes

Day14 of #100daysofcode

Theory of JS Engine Architecture, JavaScript Runtime Environment, JIT compilation, Syntax Parsers, Garbage Collector, and how things work behind the scenes in Google’s V8 JS Engine and its architecture.

2 Likes

Day15 of #100daysofcode

earnt about High Order Functions in JS and its functional programming, polyfill using map.
Also about Concurrency model in JS using example of setTimeout and setTimeout with 0 delay.

2 Likes

Day16 of #100daysofcode

Use cases of Higher Order Functions like Map, Reduce & Filter, with chaining.

2 Likes

Day17 of #100daysofcode

Started a much talked about course on Udemy for Web development, begin with introduction to Web, Internet, Request/Response cycle and very basics of HTML.

2 Likes

Day18 of #100daysofcode

Continued with HTML basics on block and inline elements, HTML entities, tables and some of the shortcut tricks.

2 Likes

Day19 of #100daysofcode

Completed the last section of HTML, it included Forms, different input types and validation.
Did hands on by creating Google search Form and Marathon registration form.

2 Likes