Technique Underlying The Present Forum

Curious to know what software makes this discussion forum and what programming language it is in.

1 Like

Hello @Jack_WAUGH

this forum is build upon Discourse

cheers
Michael

1 Like

OK. Looks like a typical MVC approach in Ruby. Here’s some model code, for example. discourse/category.rb at main · discourse/discourse · GitHub

Hello @Jack_WAUGH
I assume that your last statement is an informational add on. To help others you can mark your question as solved.
Cheers
Michael

So that if anyone else wants to know about the tech, and searches here, they will see that it is Ruby. Yes, I marked your first response as the solution. Does marking a response as the solution have the effect of marking the question solved?

Hi,
sorry I was not precise. Marking a response as solution will “mark” the question as solved.

You can click on search and options, to get advanced filters. You can try status:solved ruby in the search bar and you will find your question,
Michael

1 Like

Hi @Jack_WAUGH,

Marking a response as a solution identifies the most helpful post in a discussion topic (which will be featured below the question) and allows the topic to automatically close after discussion quiesces.

As @michael_hoeller noted, the “solved” status of topics can also be used for searching and filtering.

Regards,
Stennie

This topic was automatically closed 5 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.