I have been able to connect to my MongoDB database until today, when I am suddenly unable to. Instead, the connection attempt times out after 10 seconds and I get the error
queryTxt ETIMEOUT jblakdcluster.fti4a.mongodb.net
In order to isolate the bug, I have tried the following (but to no avail):
- Connecting after disabling my firewall completely
- Connecting from another network (using my phone’s wifi hotspot instead of my home wifi)
- Connecting from mongosh
- Connecting from MongoDB Compass
- Connecting from mongosh using another computer
- Terminating my existing cluster and creating a brand new one, and then connecting to the new one
- Quadruple-checking my database user credentials and access rights
- Quadruple-checking that network access is configured to
0.0.0.0/0(theoretically able to connect from any IP address)
I believe I have taken a reasonable amount steps to try to solve the problem, and now I must ask for help. Please try connecting to my database using mongosh with the following information (the database is for my own educational purposes only and doesn’t have any sensitive information):
mongosh "mongodb+srv://jblakdcluster.fti4a.mongodb.net/myFirstDatabase" --username rwuser
If the wider community is getting the same error that I am having, then I can be pretty sure that either there is something wrong on MongoDB’s end, or there’s something I’ve missed from my (fairly exhaustive) troubleshooting process.
Thank you very much.