Same connection string for 2 different Private Endpoints?

I’ve got a serverless DB setup with 2 different Private (VPC - AWS) endpoints… but when I go into the UI and go to database connect, and select private endpoint. no matter which of the 2 different (active) endpoints I select it gives me the SAME connection string…

And drilling down into the DNS, the connection reports the same IP address in both VPC 's…

I also get weird behaviour in the UI for connect strings, if as for an SQL string. It gives me the same string for “Standard Connection” and “endpoint connection”

Hi Scott

Can you please click “Chat Now” on the this website and describe your issue to the support team? They can look into it and escalate if there’s a bug.

Thank you

1 Like

Are the two Private Endpoints connecting to the same VPC? And the same Subnets?

The endpoints are in totally different AWS accounts and different VPCS and totally different subnets… One subnet is a 10.xx and other is a 172.xx cidr. The only connect string the UI provides resolves to 10.xx…

I ran the same test on my end and got 2 different connection strings. There were only a couple of characters that were different so I would urge you to double check. If you still see the same strings, the support team should be able to help debug the issue.

My apologies. you are correct there ARE 2 different connect strings…

One is …pe-0… and the other is pe-1… and those DO correctly resolve to the AWS endpoints and the correct IP addresses.

My second issue is also solved since I found that you need to create (in my case) the Network Access - connection endpoints to the ‘serverless instances’. …

Then to get an SQL connection string (tableau in our case) you also have to add these existing endpoints as “Federated Database Instance / Online Archive” connections…

Wait for those to propagate. Then in the ‘Data Federation’ - Connect dialog you will have a selection for Connection type, Standard or Private Endpoint and that will give you a connection string that resolves to the AWS Endpoint and associated IP address.

Sorry about the confusion… But its solved now.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 5 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.